photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Papertreyink Challenge - Week Two

My apologizes for being MIA for a week! I went on a mini vacation to NY (more on that later) and ended up with no internet access for four long days! Oh the agony! ;-)

This is a card I created in response to the PTI sketch that was posted for the week of 7/15. I've had it completed since then but am just now getting around to posting!

The style of this card was inspired by Michelle Zindorf. If you have never visited her blog, do so now (her name is linked to her blog)! Her creations are simply stunning and she provides step-by-step tutorials on how to create many of the techniques she uses on her cards. I plan to try out some more of her tutorials...really amazing and simple!


The sketch from the PTI Forum is listed below and I again changed the design just a bit to better fit with my design. Inspired by Michelle, I wanted to create a "sun" on my card, using the branch from the Beautiful Blooms set to overlay the sun image. A tiny butterfly was added from the Butterfly Kisses set and I used a sentiment from one of the Borders and Corners set as one of the circles in the lower left hand corner. A button served as the circle in the upper right. The background paper, in the curvy shape, is from a batch of Basic Grey, the remainder of the card uses SU! supplies.


To achieve the background "sky" color, I simply punched out a circle and laid it on top of white cardstock, and then sponged a yellow, orange, and brown dye ink on top of the circle until I got a look I was happy with. I used the direct to paper technique (basically swiping my ink pad across my paper) for the background on the card base.

Want to play along? Check out the sketch below, create a card, and leave me a comment with a link back to your blog or gallery...I'd love to share!! (You can also post your creations on the PTI Forum as well!)



Enjoy!

4 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Your card is absoltely stunning. I love that you flipped the sketch and it really suited your image perfectly!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Kim!! Hope things are well with you all! :)

Hazel said...

I love the techniques and colours you've used to achieve such a beautiful card.

Debbie Olson said...

Wow! This is so beautiful! You nailed it! :-D