photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

SALT Challenge - His Presence


This week is was Gillian's turn to set the challange on the SALT blog and she chose "His Presence."

His Presence, what does God's presence mean to you? Does it mean Comfort in time of loss, Strength when you face a battle, reassurance that you walk the good walk...or is it something you need to accept, is it something you want to be more open too.

I love Joshua 1:5, "No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you." There are many other verses that speak of God's presence in our lives here are a few. Matthew 18:20, John 6:37, Romans 8:38-39

I had to think about this challenge for a bit...what did His presence mean to me? After reading through a few scripture passages, I hit upon Psalm 23. I've used these verses for a previous challenge and almost decided against using them again but there were a number of strong ideas that came to mind as I re-read the verses.

  • Having a real relationship with God, as a daughter or son has with their earthly Father, through Christ - "The Lord is my Shepard, I shall not want..."
  • God's providence - "He makes me to lie down in green pastures...He leads me beside still waters..."
  • Forgiveness through Christ - "He restores my soul..."
  • God's glory - "For His name's sake..."
  • God's protection and comfort in times of great distress - "Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me..."
  • God's blessings - "My cup runs over..."
  • Being in God's presence - "And I will dwell in the house of the Lord"

Only by God's grace - not because of anything in ourselves - are we able to anticipate the joyful experience of dwelling in the presence of our Savior, Jesus Christ, forever and ever!

Oh yeah...the card details...this is an ATC that I created for the challenge using some delicious new (well, new for me) Crate paper - love, love, love the cream and black! This is the second ATC I've created for the SALT blog and you know what...I just might start a collection! Ohhhh...fun!! The stamp set is a brand new one from Stampin' Up! that I adore! I was excited about inking it up for the first time tonight!!

As we do each challenge, the design team have created some beautiful pieces and we'd love to have you to join in with us. Post your piece onto your blog, with a link to SALT, then come and leave us a comment with your link so we can come and share your art.

Happy Creating!

6 comments:

Hazel said...

I love this Kim - a wonderful response to Gillian's challenge. And you're right that Psalm 23 is so apt for this. I, like you, love the cream and black Crate papers.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wonderful, wonderful ATC. Very enjoyable reading today.

Unknown said...

Your ATC is gorgeous! I loved reading your thought process too - very well done! :)

Mary said...

Your ATC is beautiful! It is a lovely way to share Psalm 23 with others.

Mary

Mrs. W said...

Hi Kim! I totally love this ATC. Your insisghts are right on. :o) I enjoyed reading through them, we serve an AWESOME GOD don't we?!!! What a beautiful combination of texture and design. Love it! Warmest Regards, Heather

Anonymous said...

H wonderfully you went ove this Psalm! Your ATC as a tag and pocket is so cool! Very nicely done.